I need to write more. I need to get back to the basics of what makes me happy. Since when did shopping and spending my hard earn money become such a source of pleasure. It's never lasting though. Not like the companionship and support of a good friend.

We used to take the tops of acorns, after they fell, fill it with some water from the well and pretend to have a tea party with fine chinas and french pastries. We used to pour salt on the slugs in my grandfather's garden and watch intently as they would leave a large puddle of slime as they tried to escape. I don't think the salt harmed them. They had too much slime to protect themselves. We used to play out scenes of famous kongfu movies with fake plastic swords. Of course, I'd always had to win. I wouldn't participate if it was any other way. We used to put on little puppet shows at night and charge my parents a nickel to see our show. I used to sit and draw pictures all day instead of paying attention in class. My best subject was the backs of people. I was amazing at drawing the back of their heads. The front was so much harder because you had to get the eyes and nose and mouth perfectly symmetric or else they ended up looking retarded or physically deformed.

I used to sketch my hands and write poems that didn't rhyme. I didn't believe in onomatopoeia. I still don't It is against my nature. Even though I love music and music isn't good if it doesn't rhyme. Music is the best poems.

I used to collect our old cans to give to my cousin, so he can get money back and buy us all candy. I used to wish for a bike every time I blew out my birthday candles consecutively for two years. When my mother was younger she was bedridden for a few months because she was so sick, that we she finally got better, she forgot how to ride a bike.

Those are all the stories I can think of right now. Everything in life is so transient. Nothing lasts forever does it. Not even our fondest memories.



August 31st, 2007