"Perfume, fundamentally, is the sexual attraction of flowers, or, in the case of civet and musk, of animals. Squeezed from the reproductive glands of plants and creatures, perfume is the smell of creation, a sign dramatically delivered to our senses of the Earth's regenerative powers--a message of hope and a message of pleasure.

What we are talking about, then, is magic, is it not so? In anthropological understanding of homeopathic magic, perfume is the medium by which the lady magically usurps the sexual powers of the blossom." -Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

Currently obsessed with this scent. I keep applying and re-applying, each time I'm flooded with images of early morning sunlight heating up rain-soaked cobblestones, flaky pastries, foamy cappuccinos, street floral vendors and second empire architecture. Roses and fresh bathed skin. Scent is sensuality.

I live my life obsessive about perfume and a woman's 'signature scent.' Every memorable woman should have one if she wishes to stay memorable. Scent is the strongest sense linked to memory. For the longest time I stuck to a bold floral note, that could cut through all that girly citrus perfume that everyone wears with how fresh and light it was. It reminded me of fresh air, something new and unconventional, but daring and won't step down even when standing next to sandalwood and its musky cousins. That was in college. And then I flitted here and there with some brand names that people were gushing over. I liked them, but was never obsessed about them. The fact that they were so popular also made them less appealing. Who wants to smell like everyone else? And I would forget what they smelled like after they wore off, and didn't desire for a refresher.

A scent should stick. It should leave you intoxicated and wanting for more, never getting enough, reviving in you old and new dreams you forgot you had. Dreams you had when you were a little girl and didn't have an inkling what a kiss felt like.

This little no-name bottle did not cost a dime, but it's practically priceless in the olfactory power which it has over me.

Never pick a perfume based on how it smells in the bottle. You have to let it come in contact with your skin and react with your natural pheromones. Only then will you know if it is meant for you. It will either mix very well with your body's natural odor and chemistry, or it will smell more pungent than it was in the bottle. My perfume smells entirely different in the bottle than it does on my skin. And that's the only way I can explain it.