Exes. We all have them, but it's so interesting to me how we each deal with them. Those who are amicable with theirs--I can't comprehend. My relationships have always been extremely intense, jarring (with an exception of one blase one that took forever to end), that we were always left reeling from the carnage, rattled to the bone. Being friends would be impossible. To go from extremely charged to lukewarm and cordial would require an inherent lack of a heart. The friendship would undermine everything that was once shared. There is no other alternative. I learned everything I needed to learn. There is no future with the past, so it is as good as the dead, and I treat it like so.


There's one thing I want to say, so I'll be brave
You were what I wanted
I gave what I gave
I'm not sorry I met you
I'm not sorry it's over
I'm not sorry there's nothing to save