ID Festival was a blast, but I didn't feel whole as I usually did when the lover is around. When you want to go crazy, you want to know that should any thing go wrong, he will be there to make sure everything is OK. In this case, I held back a bit. I had fun, but it could have been better.

The last week has gone by quite fast, and suddenly I realize that it's August. And just last month it felt like I was in Italy, wandering the cobble streets of Firenze as dusk grew old, finding our way back to the villa on the hill. It didn't matter the hour, we were determined to walk, and he held my hand and went with me as far as I wanted to go.

I could have gone on forever if I had a warmer jacket. Florence is endless on foot and every corner was something new. Even the view on this side of the Arno river was intimidating. Instead of ancient buildings, there loomed dark hills with so many stories I wanted to learn.

So we walked that night until I started to shake and he hailed a taxi. I didn't want the night to end, so I asked him if we could go past our villa and explore the Piazzale Michelangelo. From there we could see the quiet villa, waiting for us. We took a few pictures of us with Florence at night but they were all blurry.