Since it's uncharacteristically warm this Christmas on the east, I'm taking a bubble bath after my soulcycle class and dreaming of walking through snowy fields of whiteness.
As my elbows and toes raisin in this tub, I'm penning this on my iPhone. Tonight we will probably do a low key dinner and catch a Christmas movie. We've stopped giving gifts a long time ago at my request. At the risk of sounding cliche, my entire existence is filled with so many gifts big and small. I cherish every memory. I'm trying so hard to remember every moment. We've lived so much, seen, felt and have done so much. Today I'm just grateful to have been given so much from friends and strangers alike:
• the strangers who housed & fed me in Nicaragua
• the bon vivants who have become travel companions and inspirations
• the friends who keep me young and grounded, sticking by me despite my flaws
• the lover. Oh lover. Not enough words. This man who would do anything for me without asking anything in return. Unconditionally.
• the aloof parentals who show love in their own silly little ways. Who gave up so much and continue to.
• everything that's made me who I am today. Love accumulates. Don't let hate.
• the endless encouragement from people who think I'm worth encouraging.
• the new friends I've met this year. I can't believe this still happens. I hope we continue on this path.
Wealth comes in many forms. Only the lucky ones realize this. Don't let quantity fool you. Quality has a bigger return on investment :)